Stress is a part of life – and it’s VITAL that we have a stress response. It allows us to make quick decisions. It enables us to lift heavy equipment to save a loved one. It stimulates our body to fight or to flee from a situation that is unwanted.
Unfortunately, when it’s long-term, those stress hormones cause chaos in our bodies and start to wear down our bodies from the inside. Long-term stress can cause:
- Heart disease
- Digestive problems
- Sleep problems
- Auto-immune diseases
- Skin conditions, such as eczema
What can you do to keep your stress response short-term?
- Have a support system (friends, family, etc.).
- Mild-moderate exercise regularly (This gets the stress hormones out of our system by using them up, but don’t work out too hard or it’s added stress on your body.)
- Keep a positive attitude and outlook on life.
- Laugh often
- Sleep long enough
- Understanding the situation and keeping it in perspective with how long it should last or how to work through it.
- Seeing a therapist if necessary to help deal with the stresses.
In looking at both the effects of stress as well as the ways to deal with stress, it’s evident that NUCCA therapy can help on more than one level.
- NUCCA helps your body to physically deal with stress – it improves your body’s response to and regulation of stress.
- NUCCA helps your body to heal from (or inhibit the formation of) these long-term stress problems shown above (heart disease, chronic pain, digestive problems, etc.)
- NUCCA helps with insomnia and improves the mental functions of your body, enabling you to manage your stress consciously through your attitude and cognitive function as well as giving you more energy or pain relief to exercise regularly.
It may be time for you to deal with your stress levels and improve your vitality. Call Dr. Pritchett today.